- About us ?
- Our treatment against obesity
- Stress urinary incontinence in women
- Contact us
Heliosphere BAG intragastric balloon
Heliosphere BAG is a non-surgical temporary intragastric balloon system used to treat obesity with an implantation duration of 6 months.
The volume of the Heliosphere BAG balloon is 550 cm3 (10 cm in diameter). The lightness of the air-filled Heliosphere balloon limits nausea and vomiting (less than 30 grams).
In addition to weight loss, the long-term objective is to change eating habits by learning to eat reasonable amounts.
The BAG intragastric balloon reference is used in the following cases:
- Patients with obesity (BMI of 30 to 40) that puts them at serious medical risk
- Patients with type 2 diabetes that is difficult to control due to overweight
- Patients with an indication for obesity surgery (BMI > 40 or BMI > 35 with a co-morbidity factor) with a contraindication to anesthesia or surgery or who refuse to have surgery
For pre-operative use or for morbid obesity, the use of the HELIOSPHERE® BAG PRE OP intragastric balloon is recommended.
5 international series, including a total of more than 670 patients, each demonstrate the very good efficacy of the Heliosphere intragastric balloon in addition to clearly improved tolerance.
Measured weight loss was between 9 and 24 kg
Only 12 to 16% of patients experienced vomiting for more than 8 days. For the other patients, the mean duration of vomiting was less than 3 days.