Print this page
You are a patient
- Can I have children after having a gastric band implant ?
Yes, pregnancy is possible. In this case, very regular nutritional monitoring is necessary, from the time you start trying to get pregnant until several months after the birth.
- Does health insurance reimburse the gastric band procedure ?
Yes, health insurance reimburses the fees related to the procedure and the hospital stay as long as it has agreed to do so in a prior consent request.
- Is the gastric band a permanent system or can it be removed ?
The gastric band is intended to be a long-term implant. By having it adjusted periodically, the band makes it possible to lose weight regularly and gradually. If it must be removed, it can be removed by celioscopy. Generally, the stomach returns to its initial size.
- What is the average weight loss after a gastric band implant ?
Minimum weight loss is 25 kg after 1.5 years on average.
- Does health insurance reimburse the gastric balloon procedure ?
No, not for the time being.
- What is the average weight loss the balloon implant ?
Minimum weight loss is 11 kg after 6 months on average.
- Can I travel by plane with an air-filled intragastric balloon ?
Yes, in a commercial aircraft (pressurized cabin).